Friday, October 27, 2017

Inktober Day 27 - Post Morrow &

I wanted to do another twig and Chinese ink sketch, so today I headed over to the Post Morrow Foundation's preserve. It is along one of the small rivers in Brookhaven that lead out into the Great South Bay. #inktober #inktober2017


The other night the Patchogue Sketch Club met at Bowl Long Island in Patchogue. Wednesday is League Night so it gets pretty crowded and noisy. We grabbed a few tables and waited for the bowlers to get organized. That gave me time to sketch in the lanes and some of the surrounding details. The guy who is bowling had come over to see what we were doing and told me I could put him into the sketch. I told him I had already left a space for him so go bowl. lol It is really hard to catch the movement since it changes so quickly and then you have only one other chance before another bowler replaces the first one. I try to combine the actions of several bowlers, and then "dress" the bowler with what they were wearing and maybe some detail that is recognizable about them. He thought it was great. People kept coming over to see what we were doing and are always amazed that we are there for the sole purpose of sketching, not bowling. We try to visit there once a year to sketch.



5 comments:

  1. You tickle me as your dedication knows no bounds!!! You go girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan - you are just wonderful friend. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to sketch and paint someone moving and changing place all the time. Wow. Love your stick sketching...you get such beautiful texture in these works. Please take care and enjoy your weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super job on the stick sketch, Joan and the bowling alley is such fun. I had to laugh about the comment from the bowler. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why I can't reply under each comment today, so I'll have to do it this way.

    Nelvia, your comment really made me smile. Thanks.

    Debbie, thanks. The stick sketches are really different, so I am having fun with them.

    Val, thank you. It is fun to hear the comments people make...most of the time. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are special. Twigs and bowlers! I used to love bowling, you did a great job capturing the movement and feel. Applause.

    ReplyDelete