Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Gardens and Parks Sketches

On the group blog I am doing called "Paper, Paint, Pencils, & Pens" our theme for the end of March was "Gardens and Parks." I already posted a few of the sketches I did and here are a few more.

This was done from a photo I took in the sculpture garden at Johnstown Castle in Ireland.


My sister, Fran, had a wonderful garden in Ramona, CA and I did this sketch from a photo I took of one of her bird of paradise plants.

Last spring I visited the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. This was done from one of the photos I took of a magnolia tree in bloom.


Stay posted for a few more "Gardens & Parks" sketches.

8 comments:

  1. Your endless ideas and locations for subject matter is wonderful Joan and your sketches takes us on your journey too

    ReplyDelete
  2. These make me eager for spring and summer! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sketches are beautiful Joan!! I love the one you did in the Sculpture garden in Ireland...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All lovely paintings. I guess I missed these on PPP&P. nice you,post them all here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful mix of colorful sketches Joan! I love all three but the flowers are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Lorraine!

    Tina, I'm ready too. Thank you.

    Hilda, glad you like them!

    Cris, you must have been missing when I posted them. Thanks.

    Celia, I like the flowers too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each of these is just so beautiful, Joan. Love the closer up versions too.

    ReplyDelete