Sunday, April 27, 2014

Flowers By the Fence

This was sketched and painted at the Peconic River Herb Farm in Calverton. It is a garden center, but it has all these lovely nooks and crannies where flowers and plants are blooming. There are several greenhouses...some filled with plants and some with bric-a-brac, and a main building filled with pots, bottles, antiques, seeds, and just a fun assortment of things. They even have picnic benches and chairs set up inviting people to linger. My thanks to the staff of the Peconic River Herb Farm for always being so welcoming when I stop by to paint. Never once have they told me I am in the way or that I can't paint there. They are really so nice!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Joan. That looks like a gorgeous spot to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! What a gem of a place to sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful, Joan! I love that you've captured the new green of the trees; it always looks so fresh and young when the leaves first start bursting on the trees. By the end of summer, the leaves always look tired and dusty and dark...at least to my mind. Love the fencing and the pops of color the flowers bring too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carol, Tina, and Sherry! There is always something there to sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Carol, Tina, and Sherry! There is always something there to sketch.

    ReplyDelete