Thursday, April 10, 2014

Time Away From Home - Part II

For the "Time Away From Home" theme I have been going through my photos from many of my trips. The top two were done from photos taken on the beach in Malibu, California in 1969. The figure on the blanket is supposed to be me (when I still would wear a bikini).



In 1973 I backpacked through Europe with my sister. One of the places we visited was Athens, Greece. This is a section of the "Porch of the Maidens" in the Acropolis.


I took a trip with friends to Florida in 1977 and we visited Disneyworld. 
This was done from a photo of the parade there. I hope they have better costumes for the Seven Dwarfs now...this one looks like his beard was plastic.


There will be more to come.

5 comments:

  1. Disney World must have been pretty new back in 1977. That is the year I graduated from high school and while I do not remember it being built back then, I know it was done somewhere around that time. Love the little paintings and especially the dwarf. Reminds me of when I took my girls to Disney Land (in CA) when they were little. Disney World was a little too far and too expensive for me but we had a blast at DL and Knott's Berry Farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not managing to visit so often as my computer is really struggling, especially with USA sites at the moment, which is so annoying! After 8 months off work there's no chance of buying a new one!! Some great pictures here Joan. The statues are really good and the dwarf is great fun. I also really like the "Jamesport" picture in your previous post, a lovely piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I love the one of you in the bikini. Those were the days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry - I had been to Disneyland a few times but this was my first visit to the one in Florida.

    Kevin - Thanks so much. Sorry to hear that your computer is struggling.

    Mickey - Thanks! Yes those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete