Saturday, April 12, 2014

Time Away From Home - Part 3

Here are a few more paintings done for the "Time Away From Home" theme.

This was done from a photo taken at Sebago Lake when we used to go up there for vacation as kids.
It was rustic...but heaven!


I was in Hawaii only once and we visited Haleakala Crater for sunrise.
It was beautiful!


On a trip to Washington, DC I got to see a Calder exhibit at the National Gallery.
His mobile was in the lobby.


The red rock formations in Sedona, Arizona are just wonderful to see.



8 comments:

  1. Wonderful, I esp love the cabin at the lake. So peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and I agree about the cabin at Sebago Lake. Boy how I could use a couple of weeks there right now. There's even a boat for the fishing.... Perfect!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, lovely work. That cabin looks like my kind of place......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy!! I especially love that cabin! I could easily leave in just such a place. And I must say, you sure do get around, Joan!! LOLOLOL Even if just virtually!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jacqui. That was always a great place to vacation as kids.

    Kevin - You probably could use the rest there. Thanks!

    Ann - Thank you.

    Maggie - I wish I could still go there. Thanks.

    Sherry - Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jacqui. That was always a great place to vacation as kids.

    Kevin - You probably could use the rest there. Thanks!

    Ann - Thank you.

    Maggie - I wish I could still go there. Thanks.

    Sherry - Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those who commented on the cabin should only know how wonderful that place really was. I miss going there. Love the Calder mobile (I saw it when I went to DC too) and the red rocks.

    ReplyDelete