Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Fame in Setauket

Yesterday I was out plein air painting in Setauket. I was sitting by the water painting the pond, the bridge and the forsythia bush. A man came over and asked if he could take my photo and I said yes. People have asked to take photos of me painting before. Anyway, he goes to his car and comes back with this big camera with a huge lens and starts snapping away. Finally I asked him if he was a professional photographer and he said he works for Newsday which is one of the big Long Island & NY newspapers. He took my name and told me that my photo might be in the paper today.

I tried to find a way of linking the photo, but it doesn't give everyone access, so I took a photo of the photo on the computer. LOL It came out OK.


Here is the painting I was working on when he came over.



15 comments:

  1. How cool Joan! You deserve the attention, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan. Awesome painting. I tried going to see your photo and there is one there but it's blurred over with another sign in page. Don't have access to it so couldn't view it well. It looks great though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. A great shot. Love the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're famous! I love the photo he took and the painting you were doing while he took it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Your 15 minutes of fame! ;-) You look great, and the painting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Joan, now a famous painter!, I dont know the forsythia bush but the yellows are wonderful and you have done a great sketch

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a very special thing to do and memory for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is one gorgeous photo of you, Joan! And the watercolor is perfect and I can easily see why you were drawn to this spot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! You really never know what is going to happen when you are painting or sketching outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool is that? My friend is famous!! Beautiful painting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Art brings us something special everyday, and that day it was a very special thing for you... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete