Monday, March 31, 2014

Hoyt Farm

Last week I visited Hoyt Farm Preserve in Smithtown. In season it is a park that is open to Smithtown residents (which I am not) or people accompanying residents. I figured that they wouldn't be charging to park, or checking to see if you belonged at this time of year. Besides, I was going to sit in my car and sketch anyway. Luckily there was an interesting barn right near the parking lot. I will have to go back with one of my friends that lives up there and see what else is on the property. This is 5 x 7.


5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute barn - another great painting Joan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love structures that are built into the soil like this. I love this painting, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful barn & job you've painted. Love seeing what you will find next. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sketch! I hope you get to return with a resident so you can explore and sketch some more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ann, Sherry, Cris, and Mickey! I hear there are sheep there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete