Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Gardens & Parks Continued

Here are a few more watercolor sketches I did for the Paper, Paint, Pencils, & Pens blog. If you click the palette link at the top right you can be magically transported over there and see what we are doing for the new theme. You can even join the blog if you would like to sketch with us.

This water pump was done from a reference photo I took in Adare, Ireland 
in front of a thatched cottage. This is 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches.

This was a planter in front of a building somewhere in Ireland.
This is ATC sized...2 1/2 x 3 1/2.


My last sketch for that theme is the "garden" area right in front of the patio of my apartment unit.
This was done on Monday when we had our surprise snowstorm that left us about 6 inches of show in just a few hours. Most of Long Island got a mere dusting of snow but we got clobbered. By the time I sketched this it had stopped snowing and our maintenance crew had shoveled the walkway.
Hopefully before long it will warm up and my patio railing will be filled with containers of colorful flowers. This is about 4 x 6.




8 comments:

  1. Hi Joan. It's really nice to be back doing things again. It's also really good to wander through all your sketches, they are far too numerous to comment on individually after such an absence but they've cheered me up!! Nice work Joan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are wonderful subjects! I love those pansies..beautifully painted. I lucked out and we just had a dusting of snow....I know you got hit, once again! Spring will be here soon !

    ReplyDelete
  3. All wonderful sketches. You are going to have lots of memories of this winter by the time its over.:) I hope you get spring.. A real spring..soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Especially love the old water pump, and i hope winter disappears soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kev - Glad to see you back visiting. I hope all went well with your surgery. Thanks so much for your comments.

    Hilda - Thanks. I'm just glad it melted quickly.

    Cris - I have such a collection of winter sketches and paintings. LOL Thaks.

    Polly - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful sketches and spots of color, Joan. We were cold enough for snow a few nights this week but we got thunder and lightening and rain instead. April showers??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry - LOL We went from snow on Monday to 65 degrees and sunny today. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joan, you have really nailed your portrayals of snow this winter, just another example of practice makes perfect I think!

    ReplyDelete