Sunday, June 11, 2023

Direct Watercolor #2 & #3

 The 30 x 30 Watercolor Challenge is keeping me busy. I like painting directly with watercolor but some subjects are quite a challenge, especially if I have to be careful with the perspective. Here is my 2nd painting for the challenge. It helps if a bit of the architecture is hidden behind a tree like in this painting. I love this spot with the house up high from the street along Bellport Lane. I've painted it a few times.


For painting #3 I headed over to Meadowcroft Estate in Sayville. Small purple irises were growing in the garden there.



6 comments:

  1. I really admire all your paintings for 30x30! I am finding it truly challenging, both the painting part and the not-drawing part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are really doing two challenges...painting in watercolor and painting without any lines. I give you a lot of credit for pushing yourself!

      Delete
  2. Excellent perspective. Love the "flags" as my mom called the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I seem to be finding "flags" wherever I go.

      Delete
  3. Joan both are super. Love that house with the yard and purple irises are the best. Yes we had some haze from the fires in Canada. Know that you in New York had it far worse. Hope things are better now. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thanks so much. The smoke & haze is pretty much gone. Hopefully they will get some of the fires under control so it doesn't happen again. But from what they are saying we should be prepared for more. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week!

      Delete