Sunday, June 4, 2023

Family Sketches

I recently took a trip up to Maine to visit with family. My niece, husband, and two little ones were visiting from Australia. I wanted to see them as well as my sister and her family that live up there. I was meeting the kids for the first time and had a lot of fun playing with the 1 year old and the 3 year old.

Kiah was sleeping and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to sketch. Unfortunately my backpack with most of my art supplies was in my trunk because with all the extra people in the house, space for anything was at a premium. I had a Micron pen in my purse so I sketched with that but I wanted color. So I looked around and grabbed some of the markers and crayons that were around. The colors weren't the best choices but they worked.


Quinn meanwhile was relaxing on the couch with his dad playing a video game. I sketched the two of them in pencil and didn't bother trying to add color this time.



2 comments:

  1. How wonderful to visit with family, especially new members, and to have sketches as mementos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. They even came out resembling them a bit. lol

      Delete