Saturday, June 17, 2023

Direct Watercolor #11

 Here is my 30 x 30 Direct Watercolor for #11. Last weekend my friend, Suzala and I went to Glen Cove to paint the Saddle Rock Grist Mill. I had been there once before a long time ago and they improved the park around the mill quite a bit. It now has a playground, basketball hoops, and a large community pool. Now there is a path that goes a little way on the left and you can see that side of the mill clearly. The last time there were a lot of Canadian geese messing up the park, but there weren't any around this time. I like the improvements. Hopefully they will do some work to restore the building a bit more. It looks a bit more worn than it did back in 2012 when I was there. I sketched it then too. It was open at one time but seems to be closed to the public now.


I finished my painting before Suzala was done so I did another quick sketch of the grist mill. I like the energy of this one.




1 comment:

  1. Nice place to sketch. I like the second, fresh and spontaneous.

    ReplyDelete