Saturday, June 10, 2023

Direct Watercolor #1

 Once again I am participating in the 30 x 30 Direct Watercolor Challenge hosted by Marc Holmes and Uma Kelkar. The idea for the challenge is that for the month of June the participating artists complete 30 direct watercolor paintings...no pencil lines (or very little underdrawing). I have participated since 2018...six years and have happily completed the challenge each time. Yes, once in a while something comes up and you can't complete a painting that day, but you can catch up and do more than one another day...or extend your challenge for another day or two. There is no pressure and no "direct watercolor police."

This sketch was done on Grundy Avenue in Holbrook, right across from the church I attend. I painted this on location and since it was a weekday afternoon, I had no problem sitting across the street to work.



2 comments:

  1. You have a touch for painting non lines with direct watercolor, like the pickets. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I like the white picket fences when I find them.

      Delete