Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Bodhi's Beach Shack

 My plein air painting group (PALS) met down in Blue Point near Corey Beach last Tuesday. It was a windy day but we sat near Bohdi's Beach Shack to paint. By the end of the morning I has as much sand in my palette as their was on the beach. lol Bohdi's is an interesting spot and I've sketched there before. It would be more fun if there were people there, but at 10 am on a Tuesday they were closed.


Reading my friend, Jo Castillo's blog today I was reminded that yesterday was D-Day. I didn't see anything about it on the news or any stories. My thanks to Jo for sharing a post she wrote about her brother, Powder, who served in WWII and fought in the Invasion of Normandy. My thanks go out to those who served and gave so much for our freedom.



2 comments:

  1. Joan, thanks for the link and D-Day. I was surprised there wasn't much on the news. Guess soon with all the survivors gone it will be more forgotten.
    I like this sketch. Reminds me of vacations somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I see a pole like that with signs I think of Key West Florida, so I'm with you about it reminding me of vacations. Thanks for you comment.

      Delete