Friday, June 23, 2023

Direct Watercolor #18 & #19

 I had an appointment to have my car serviced and planned on waiting for it to be done at Nissan. Knowing I would be there for quite a while I brought along my sketchbook. First I did a pencil sketch of this gentleman, but since I knew I would probably have time for a watercolor too I pulled out my tiny watercolor palette and went to work. Considering it was done on sketch paper, not watercolor paper I think it came out good. So here is my painting #18 for the 30 x 30 Direct Watercolor Challenge.




This is my painting #19 which was done on location at the East Islip Marina. There is a restaurant called the Bayside Clam Bar. It was Father's Day so there were quite a few people there...and a bonus was that off to the left a band set up so I had entertainment while I worked.





1 comment:

  1. Super sketches. Fun to have live music while you paint.

    ReplyDelete