Monday, August 22, 2022

Impulse & Exhibit

On  Wednesday evening the Patchogue Sketch Club met by the water in Bayport. We found a marina that we hadn't been to before. I found this old boat that looked like it needed some TLC. Meanwhile the sky was getting stormier by the minute. It poured just after we left.





Back in 2020 & 2021 during Covid I was participating in virtual sketching with the NYC Urban Sketchers. We had a theme each weekend and met and sketched over Zoom. Recently our group organized an exhibit "Sketching in the Time of Covid" at the New Amsterdam Library on Murray Street in NYC. Any sketches done during Covid virtually, from photos, or on location were welcome to be entered into the show. The exhibit featured 43 images judged and selected from 156 submitted images. The sketches were enlarged and printed. I am pleased to say that my sketch "Cafe du Monde" was accepted into the show. On Tuesday evening there was an opening reception. I wasn't able to attend the reception but there were enough people there to take photos of most of what was displayed. The exhibit will be open to the public through Oct 7th. I am hoping that I will be able to see it before it comes down. 

Here is my original sketch.


Here is how the sketch looked in the exhibit and the last photo is of my friend, Suzanne taking a photo of it. The original sketch was about 4 x 6, so you can see that is was enlarged quite a bit.







4 comments:

  1. The boat is so nicely done. The photo is amazing of the boats and sky.

    Congrats on your sketch being in the show. Hope you get to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I hope I get to go to see the exhibit.

      Delete
  2. I remember that Cafe du Monde sketch when you first made it! Congrats on the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, thanks. It was nice that they organized an exhibit. We are doing another exhibit sometime in the beginning of 2023 of sketches done on location below 14th Street in NYC.

      Delete