Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Delmonico's & More

 Saturday I joined the NYC Urban Sketchers in lower Manhattan to sketch. My first subject was Delmonico's, a famous steak house in the financial district. I liked the rounded front and entrance. This was done directly in watercolor.


Next we headed up to a park called The Elevated Acre. It was where we gathered for lunch. It was on the roof of a parking garage and had really nice views across the river. It also had a lot of sun, so I sat far back in the park to get some shade. That gave me the view of the buildings but some of the foliage too.


Before show & tell I had a little time left to do a sketch of Anna while she was sketching.



2 comments:

  1. Such a nice place to find on top of a garage! We have had plenty of sunshine this summer, eh?? Great sketches. Delmonico’s, yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It has been a sunny summer. We, like you, are needing rain. They forecast it and it doesn't happen.

      Delete