Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Red Hook Part 2

 After viewing the Red Hook Artist Coalition's exhibit I came back outside and sat in front of one of the warehouses. It seems like some of them have been renovated and turned into businesses. I was overlooking an old trolley and this huge warehouse facing me had shutters on all of it's windows...and there were an amazing number of them. I got bored and stopped doing all the windows and shutters and left it this way.


Between the two warehouses on my side was a very interesting industrial view...with the Ikea sign as part of it. I had fun doing this view in direct watercolor.





2 comments:

  1. Excellent sketches. We wouldn’t know you left out windows if you didn’t tell us. I’m smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Joan both of these are super...especially amazed at how you can make an industrial sight a wonderful art piece. You always capture a sense of a place as well as the times.

    ReplyDelete