Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Sunflower Quartet

 Yes, the sunflowers were finally tossed, and they didn't last 2 weeks like the vendor said. I did get quite a few sketches from them as they slowly drooped.

This was the first one which I already posted. It is a direct watercolor.


This one was also a direct watercolor.


Then I did one as a continuous line in ink.


This last one was done with Caran d' Arche Neocolor, Hoblein Oil Pastels, and Derwent Aquatone Watercolor Sticks. At this point some of the tips and leaves were turning brown. I would have kept them for another sketch, but they were really starting to smell.







4 comments:

  1. This is a fun series as they continue to droop! ;-) Interesting new media you are exploring in the last one. I like Neocolors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured I should try something different for a change. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and interesting as you go along. I love the continuous line sketch. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jo. Unfortunately they are gone now...so no more droopy sketches from these.

      Delete