Sunday, August 7, 2022

Princess Tree

The other night when we were sketching in Sayville we came across this very unusual tree. It has clusters of some sort of berries/ and big leaves. It also had large leaves. My friend, Pat used her "Picture This" app which told her it was a Princess Tree. 


 I did a bit of research and found that it is an extremely fast growing tree. The clusters are actually fruit. Apparently in the spring there are beautiful flowers on the tree. I'll have to go back next year and check.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting... I wonder if it grows around here, because it's not familiar to me at all. Definitely worth going back to sketch when it blossoms! And apparently it's really fragrant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding something new and unusual when I'm out sketching.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. They say we learn something new every day. LOL

      Delete
  3. I have never seen a tree like this. Hope you can paint it when it is blooming. This is really a unique tree. Great job. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete