Saturday, February 20, 2021

Sketches While Waiting

I haven't been able to sketch much indoors due to Covid restrictions. However, I wanted to get some clams and oysters for our Valentine's dinner. The Fish Store in Bayport was busy and I was told I would have to wait about 20 minutes...and was that OK...lol I had a little moleskein book in my purse so I just stood back away from the line and sketched. The ink lines were done on location but I added the color when I got home. I did remember while I was doing this that I really don't like sketching standing up.

 

Last week I finally was able to get my first shot for the Covid 19 vaccine. I had scheduled it at Walgreen's pharmacy which worked out well. I had a few minutes before the shot and had to wait about 10/15 minutes afterwards to make sure I had no reaction. I used that as my sketching time.




4 comments:

  1. Yes, sketching standing up is hard. You did a super job. Gene is due for his second shot next week on Thursday. I still haven’t had any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I still haven't been able to schedule shots for Jerry.

      Delete
  2. nicely done Joan even for standing - lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I was seated for the one at the pharmacy. Thanks, Val.

      Delete