Monday, February 15, 2021

Portrait Party

 The NYC Urban Sketchers has a portrait party every year on the first Saturday in February. Of course due to Covid 19 this year had to be held differently. It was fun, but the camaraderie of being in a huge room with everyone while sketching and then seeing all the sketches laid out on the floor for display was sorely missed. We used Zoom as our platform and we were divided into groups of 5/6 members. This was done twice in the morning and then again in the afternoon. You could attend as many sessions as you wanted, and the participants changed each time. Your group of 5/6 had an hour and 10 minutes to complete the portrait which worked out to 10 minutes per sketch.

I could only participate in the first group in the morning, We started with 5 people but after starting an additional person was added in. By the time we were ready to sketch the last two people we ended up with 7 minutes for one and 5 minutes for the last person. Talk about pressure! lol Here are the sketches I completed during my session.









I looked through the posts on Facebook later in the day and was able to find this sketch done of me.




4 comments:

  1. So much fun! I'd love to participate in a portrait party someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised you group hasn't had a portrait party yet.

      Delete
  2. That last couple of minutes left always makes me cringe especially when the portrait I'm doing isn't going in the direction I want. It looks like you did a full sheet for each portrait. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, nice. The portrait of you is fun. A good group to belong to.

    ReplyDelete