Sunday, February 14, 2021

Local Snow Scenes

While I was gone NY had a bit of snow. Our first storm dumped about 10 inches in my area. Luckily I don't have to go anywhere, so if I sit tight things get plowed and I can get out easily. This first sketch was done the morning after the snow started. We had about 24 hours where it kept snowing, sometimes very lightly but that was after we had a lot of snow.

 This was done from my living room window. The path had been plowed and due to some cutting back of the foliage in the fall you can actually see the houses beyond the fence.

This sketch was done down by the Sayville Grange just a few minutes from me. Some nice lady and her dog came walking into view while I was sketching which was a bonus.


 

5 comments:

  1. Joan both of these snow scenes are so lovely. I especially like the woman and her dog. I cannot guess why?? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie. I was glad the woman and her dog appeared. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. These are super Joan. The white sure pops against the dark trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks so much. I like the white gouache on the toned paper a lot.

      Delete
  3. Booootiful! As my son used to say. Nice contrasts.

    ReplyDelete