Thursday, February 25, 2021

Oriental Sculptures

 The Patchogue Sketch Club met last week to sketch Oriental sculptures. Three different photos were shared one at a time and we had about 25 minutes to do each. I wish I knew the information about each piece, but that was missing as we sketched. The first two were older pieces. I sketched them is mostly water-soluble pencil with some watercolors added.


This sketch below was from a larger piece of Oriental soldiers.


We had one modern piece by a Chinese artist from Beijing named Yin Xiuzhen who did a city in a suitcase. It was really a very different piece.



6 comments:

  1. Very nice! The toned tan paper worked really well with your sculpture sketches. It sure is different that city in a suitcase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. When I heard we were doing Oriental sculptures I didn't expect the last one.

      Delete
  2. How interesting. Your sketches are beautiful. The city is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Jo. I just did the inside of the suitcase without much detail.

      Delete
  3. These Oriental sculptures are nicely sketched Joan. I like the toned paper as well that it was
    Sketched on. The City looks very interesting and BUSY..... I hope you’re well....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilda. I like that we are able to sketch such a variety of subjects.

      Delete