Thursday, December 19, 2019

Santa at the Library

I was at the South Country Library in Bellport earlier this evening to do something with one of my art groups. While I was there Santa happened to be in the children's section meeting the kids. Once I finished my task there I headed inside to see what was going on. Santa was sitting there talking with the kids and asking them questions. I stood in a corner and sketched him and a few of the kids sitting on the floor in front of him. Yay...finally a Santa sighting!!! Unfortunately I had remembered my sketchbook, my pen, my watercolors and a brush...but not any water. lol So I did the ink sketch there and added watercolors when I got home.


7 comments:

  1. You scored a Santa! And kids, too... this is livelier than most Santa scenes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Santa!!! I liked the setting...much better than the mall Santa who always looks the same.

      Delete
  2. Love the interaction with the kids! What a great sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He was asking them what they had done that was good.

      Delete
  3. A lovely Sketch Joan. I can be frustrating to remember all the things we need to do our art but you worked it out just fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks! That's what happens when I change my routine. lol

      Delete
  4. Wow, great sketch and you figured out how to finish it. Great action scene.

    ReplyDelete