Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Iron Ramen

Today was a rainy, dismal day. The good thing was that it wasn't cold enough for rain. I had a few things to take care of and ended up in Stony Brook. There is a ramen restaurant that I've wanted to try up there and it just so happened to be in the same shopping center as the dermatologist I had an appointment with. At Iron Ramen I had a good view of the other tables, so after I ate lunch I stayed for a bit and sketched my view. The color was added at home.


Then I drove across the parking lot to the building that housed the doctor's office. I waited for about 20 minutes but I had my sketchbook along so I didn't really mind. The office visit was my annual "check the spots on my body" trip and nothing looked suspicious so I'm in the clear until next year. There were a few good models in the room who never noticed what I was doing.



6 comments:

  1. Ha ha - I am not sure I would want to eat at a place called IRON Ramen - lol. Nice sketches Joan; I think people practice being unaware when they are in doctor's offices and lunch rooms which make it great for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think the name came partly from the "Iron Chef" cooking shows that were so popular. Yes, there are lots of places with captive audiences for models.

      Delete
  2. Iron Ramen! What a name! I hope the noodles were good! ;-) The woman and the little girl with two pompoms on her head... something about that pose is really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I did the woman and the little girl really quickly because I knew there time at the counter wouldn't last long.

      Delete
  3. Yep, Iron Ramen doesn’t sound like soft noodles! The little girl is soooooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think it is after the Iron Chefs that were on tv cooking shows. Glad it wasn't the noodles. lol

      Delete