Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Christmas Tree Sighting

I've been seeing signs around for Christmas trees for sale so I headed to the Patchogue Fire Department. They always have a tree lot but usually I go by on the weekend when it is too crowded in the parking lot and I have to park too far away to see from my "mobile studio." I decided to check if the trees had arrived and they were there...and the parking lot was almost empty. I was able to sit where I wanted and get a good view for the sketch...but there were no people there. Maybe it is only open to shoppers on the weekend.




9 comments:

  1. Once again, you have great timing, Joan! You've done a great drawing and have painted it beautifully. I love those trees!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. I love finding tree lots to sketch at this time of year.

      Delete
  2. Such a wonderful painting. I didn’t notice the lack of people when I saw it on wc. Unusual for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. I think I've only sketched there on weekends when the sale is taking place. lol

      Delete
  3. Now it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Setting the tone for the season! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Joan. Scenes like this bring back so many memories of Christmas tree hunting when I was a child. The lots here all have the tress tied up - sigh - so you can't see what they look like and make the hunt so boring.

    ReplyDelete