Monday, December 2, 2019

A Trip to the Met - Part 2

A friend from Long Island had joined us at the Met on Saturday so after lunch I asked her where she wanted to sketch. I suggested either we do more armor or go to the Temple of Dendur which is one of my favorite places in the museum. It was crowded but we were able to sit comfortably on the wall around the room and there was a lovely view out the window. Robin was very happy there. I was working in my Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook which is 8 x 10...so open across two pages it was 10 x 16 and I filled most of the two pages. Robin had to leave early but I sat there with my watercolors and ink and sketched until the group was meeting at 3:00. I was happy with the way the sketch turned out. 


7 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a big spread to work on! I prefer a smaller page in a crowded place. You made good use of the space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I don't usually work on something that big but the sketch sort of grew from one sided to the other.

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous sketch, Joan - a visual diary which you and your family will enjoy for years! Thanks for sharing your day at the Met:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very interesting painting Joan - very cool with the window behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The space was so filled with light from the outside that I had to include it. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. This is amazing. You inspire me to try to keep up. Just lovely. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete