Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

When I was in Port Jefferson on Sunday I stopped at Kilwins, a shop that sells chocolate and ice cream. Their products are delicious and eye catching too. I wasn't buying expensive chocolates but I did have a small scoop of their ice cream. There is a branch of Kilwins in Patchogue and I have sketched inside. While I was talking to the young people who worked at this one I asked if I could take a few photos for sketches/paintings. The chocolate covered strawberries caught my eye and I took a photo of the plate of them.


I focused in on one of them for a little painting.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is one scrumptious chocolate covered strawberry! So real looking, Joan. Great job 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. It took all my resistance not to buy one. lol

      Delete
  2. what a super job of the chocolate - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back at cha… Lovely painting. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete