Saturday, February 9, 2019

Short Beach

I've been fighting what I guess is a cold the last few days and haven't had much energy. Yesterday I actually stayed home all day, reading on the couch and napping. I guess that helped because today I'm feeling quite a bit better. You know me, I couldn't let another day pass without getting out to sketch. I took a ride up to Short Beach in Smithtown. I've sketched there many times and it always looks different. I tried to make this look textural. I was using a Bee Paper Aquabee Sketchbook which accepts watercolor but I was concerned that it wouldn't take as much punishment as regular watercolor paper. So I was surprised that it withstood quite a bit of scratching. I'm happy with the way this came out.


5 comments:

  1. Very cool textures here! And happy to hear you're feeling better!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super piece Joan. I like the feel of this one a lot. Glad you felt well enough to go out and I hope you managed to kick whatever it was that had you down. Take care,

    ReplyDelete