Monday, February 4, 2019

A Beach Day?

It was foggy this morning but it cleared up by about 11:00 and the temperature started rising. I think we hit about 53 degrees which felt like a heat wave after the weather we had the last few weeks. I headed over to Sunken Meadow State Park in Kings Park. It is a pretty park on Long Island Sound and it has tidal flats that connect to the  Nissequogue River. It was actually warm enough to sit in my painting chair...of course I had my coat on and sweatshirt hood up...but I didn't need gloves!! I've painted this spot many times before but it looks very different depending on the tide.



The park also has a boardwalk along the beach that is 3/4 of a mile long in one direction, so I got some exercise walking the length of it and back. These people were actually sitting on the beach in their chairs. LOL



7 comments:

  1. It looks so sunny and beautiful there! And as you saw on FB, now it's our turn for snow and cold -- 24 degrees! I can hardly wait to go back to our typical balmy 45!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we must have swapped weather! It was such a nice day there.

      Delete
  2. It's nice to be sketching outside, not in a mobile studio, in such a beautiful weather. Lucky you! The sketch photo looks better than the scanned one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. I hope you got out in the nice weather too.

      Delete
  3. Nic esketch Joan. How lucky that it warmed up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had the Texas weather and we had cold here and in New Mexico. Looks like those folks made a wind break on the fence. Pretty painting/sketch. Marshy looking.

    ReplyDelete