Friday, February 22, 2019

Top Hat Barber Shop

I always liked this barber shop on Main Street in Sayville, but it isn't in a great location to sketch it unless you can get a parking space right near it. If you sit across the street there are too many cars in the way, and even during mild weather if you sit on the street in front of the shop you are too close to get a good view (besides blocking the narrow sidewalk). I lucked out today since I was in Sayville in the morning and pretty much the entire block had no cars parked yet. Yay!!! When I first pulled into the space there was a man sitting on the bench with his dog. Of course they took off before I could sketch them. But along came this man with his dogs and I sketched them quickly. In fact there were three dogs but I couldn't sketch that fast. lol


In the afternoon Jerry had an appointment to renew his driver's license so I went along to sketch some people at the DMV. I don't know how but we were out of there fairly quickly so I didn't get a lot of sketches done.



4 comments:

  1. How lucky you were that the man and dogs came along as they made a lovely scene even nicer. Great job catching them before they moved on. I had to get my licence renewed the other day and there were no people except staff - another lucky day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Val. Sayville is a good town to catch people with their dogs. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s hard to believe he was in and out of the DMV...lol. It feels like a day outing when I go. !!
    I love the watercolor of the Barber shop.... excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The doggies look like one is telling the other, “No, we get our hair done at the other place, this is for humans.” Fun. Nice people hunting.

    ReplyDelete