Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Inktober 2018 - Day 30 - At the Suffolk County Farm

This morning I was at the Suffolk County Farm in Yaphank with my PALS Plein Air group. It was very windy and cold. I wasn't sure if it would be warm enough to paint/sketch, but I lucked out and found a building that blocked the wind for me. I'm going to post the painting first since I did that first.


When I finished the painting I went to see if any of the other artists were still around. A few had left due to the cold but a few were still around and we chatted for a bit while Jeanne worked on her painting. When everyone left I found a spot to sit where the wind wasn't too bad and did my Day 30 sketch for Inktober. Just one more day!
#inktober, #inktober2018


7 comments:

  1. Oh my, the barn is beautiful. You make wheelbarrow loads look inviting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. They look inviting if it isn't your job to move them. lol

      Delete
  2. Great to see your colorful artwork picturing the red barn. Can't wait to finish inktober.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mel. I got tired of Inktober and am glad it is over.

      Delete
  3. How many times can I use love in one sentence - this is a wonderful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The barn painting actually makes the scene look better than it is - great job Joan. It took me a minute to 'see' the wheelbarrows; I thought at first they were drawings of critters - lol.

    ReplyDelete