Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Catching Up - Varney's & Hog Farm

It seems I have somehow managed to get back in here and post. I don't know what happened, but I'm glad to be back. I will post two images today to try and catch up.

First is Varney's, a restaurant on the outskirts of Bellport. I liked the cheery sunflowers on the left. I've eaten here and they have great mussels.


On Saturday some of the sketchers from the Patchogue Sketch Club met at Hog Farm in Brookhaven for a bit of sketching. One of our members has a farm share there so she goes there a lot and asked if we could come along with her. I decided the produce looked too good to resist. I made sure I was standing out of the way of the customers while I worked. I did buy some tomatoes before I left...yum!


8 comments:

  1. What a great colorful place to sketch. Plus you can eat your models!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these capture the colors of late summer well!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you resume your blogger posts after some technical glitch. It has a been a hot and muggy summer but refreshing to see the produce stall. Soon they will be gone and replaced with pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love summer, but I love when all the fresh produce is on display...before the pumpkins arrive. Don't know if I've worked out the glitch. It isn't working as well as before.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am surprised that you didn't get any people in the second sketch but at least the produce doesn't move - lol. Some funa and colourful sketches with just a hint of autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think people would have blocked too much of the scene. lol Thanks.

      Delete