Saturday, September 8, 2018

Eastport House

Last week my plein air group went to paint at a house in Eastport. The owners have this historic house which is surrounded by gardens in the front, the back, and on both sides. There was a big area that was a vegetable garden in the front of the house, surrounded by 10 ft high wire fencing to keep out the deer. I ignored all of that and focused on the side of the house, the side garden and the flag. It was a very hot day, close to 99 degrees and I was painting out in the sun...with very little shade.  I ended up leaving before this was completed because I was just too hot. I had to finish it up at home. I am really happy with the way it came out.


6 comments:

  1. I love the way you painted the lighter color tree in front of the darker one! I have a tough time with that kind of composition, but you nailed it!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. It was one of those trees that have white flowers all over it. It took a while to figure out how to do it. lol

      Delete
  2. Excellent! Yep, the sun can take it out of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I stop painting when I start dripping on my watercolors. :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful Joan - I really like the trees behind the flag - such wonderful coloring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Val. Thank you for coming over and commenting so often.

      Delete