Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Conservatory Garden Statue

On Saturday I went into the city to meet the NYC Urban Sketchers in Central Park at the Conservatory Garden at 5th Ave and 105 St. It is a beautiful and well-tended section of the park. We've sketched there before. This formal garden has an English, French, and Italian garden within it. This was painted in the English garden. I was surprised to see that the water lilies were still in bloom...I guess due to the unusually warm weather until recently. I loved the statue and tried to find the title of it but had no success.


5 comments:

  1. Really love this, Joan! You captured the grace and serenity of the statue well.

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, thanks so much. I appreciate that kind comment.

      Delete
  2. Very nice and serene painting, makes me want to sit by that fountain and enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete