Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Bubble Man

On Saturday I took a workshop from another urban sketcher at Columbus Circle. I haven't finished the piece of artwork from the workshop, so I will post that at another time. In the afternoon I met up with the rest of the NYC Urban Sketchers near the model boat basin in Central Park. Since I had been there over Labor Day Weekend, I focused on an entertaining scene of the bubble man busy at work. I'm lucky I can blow tiny bubbles. These huge ones always amaze me. He even blew bubbles inside bubbles.


Last week I had seen a post on the  Urban Sketchers Perth Facebook page by someone from Perth who was visiting NY and posted a photo from Brooklyn. I invited her to join our group if she was free on Saturday, telling her where the group would be but that I was taking a workshop in the morning but would be sketching with the group in the afternoon. I also said how I had enjoyed meeting some of the members of the Perth group when I was in Australia. So when I found the group in the afternoon I asked if anyone from Australia had met up with them. Jacqui had found them and sketched with them in the morning. She went off to sketch a bit away from the group in the afternoon but promised to come back for our "show and tell" at the end of the day. Here is Jacqui Masters sharing one of her sketches of a lamppost from Central Park. She was really sweet and so thankful that I had contacted her and let her know we would be sketching. 


We also had another visitor. Debo was in NYC from near Savannah, Georgia for a doctor's appointment for her husband. She has visited before but this was the first time I met her.



One of the nice things about the Urban Sketchers is meeting people from other places and having a common interest. You can meet great people that way!

7 comments:

  1. What a fun day, and made better by meeting up with visiting sketchers! Hi Debo!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun day. You know how much fun it is to meet visiting sketchers.

      Delete
  2. Nice capture of the bubble man Joan. I have seen this on videos and it is mind blowing - nice to see it in person I bet. How nice that you were able to connect with sketchers from other locations - a super happening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to watch him and the kids that were running around with the bubbles.

      Delete
  3. Joan - your sketch of the Bubble man evoke wonderful summer memories of blowing bubbles. Thanks too for sharing your visitors to the Urban Sketchers. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the bubble sketch. Fun. Exciting to get together with visitors from other parts....

    ReplyDelete