Thursday, March 8, 2018

One Week 100 People Challenge 2018 - Starbucks & Snow Painting

It snowed most of yesterday afternoon and then lightly in the evening. I think we had about 3 or 4 inches of very wet snow. We really lucked out because the ti-state area to the north and the west of us really got hit hard not just with the snow but the power outages that the snow caused. Here there are piles of snow from the plowing, but the roads and walkways are all clear. It helped that it was warm enough for a lot of the snow to melt. That helped clear the trees so there would be fewer downed branches and wires. That's what causes the most problems.

Today I went out ready to sketch and paint. I took along my Strathmore toned grey sketchbook and my gouache and did a painting down by the park. I was sitting in my car.


Then I drove over to the local Starbucks in Patchogue. I got a good table by the window facing the counter. I was there for a little over an hour sketching the customers I could see.  Here is the final page of sketches...and I reached 100!!!


8 comments:

  1. You finished your hundred, and you got a snow painting, too! Congrats, Joan -- you're a sketcher on steroids! ;-)

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super job Joan and, I think with time to spare. Can you take a break now ? - lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, I rarely take a break even if I don't do anything more than a small sketch of something. Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. Way to go on both accounts. See I told you that you are dedicated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Applause! You are something else. Finished one thing and on to another. Love the folks and the snow is lovely.

    ReplyDelete