Saturday, March 24, 2018

March for Our Lives

I'm going to jump ahead a week and post my sketches from today. I attended the March for Our Lives in Huntington today. There were marches and protests all over the country...in fact all over the world. It was amazing to see and hear the young people who organized this event. They were so eloquent and filled with passion. In addition to local students, our event included relatives of some of the students and the teacher that were killed in the Florida shooting. The stories were heartbreaking. I am hoping that these young people will have a positive effect and we will see some changes.

Here are a few of the local students working on their posters before the event started.


This was sketched as the event was getting underway. There were young people, children, families and all kinds of local people supporting these students and sharing their passion for change.


I seem to be getting more political as I get older...or more aware of the changes that are needed.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful sketches Joan. We can only hope for change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hilda. I am hoping and working to that end.

      Delete
  2. Great reportage sketches, Joan! Thank you for participating!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like an old pro at these events. Thanks, Tina.

      Delete
  3. Your sketches will always be a reminder of an auspicious event in our history. Well done Joan and may the protests make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the enthusiasm and determination of these young people, I hope change is in the future. Thanks, Val. It feels good to be a part of these events.

      Delete