Friday, October 6, 2017

Inktober - Day 6 - Ocean Point and Pumpkinfest

I decided to head down to Boothbay this morning and drove out to Ocean Point. It was drizzling by the time I got there so I had to sketch from my mobile studio. This was done with a twig and Chinese ink. #inktober #inktober2017


This weekend Damariscotta is having their annual Pumpkinfest. I've been here for this event in the past and it is a lot of fun. This morning I went out for my walk and the huge pumpkins were all on their bases waiting for the artists to decorate them. Just a few of them had started to work but one woman had and I stopped to talk to her. This afternoon I stopped in town to see her progress and sat and sketched her at work. The rain had washed some of her design off before it dried so she had to redo part of it. Her pumpkin has a haunted house on top made out of popsicle sticks and the pumpkin has white skeletons with a black design around them. The artist is Crystal McLain and she has done this for the past 5 or 6 years.




4 comments:

  1. I especially like the ink drawing. The values are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this ink sketch Joan - so well done! The pumpkinfest sounds like a hoot with the artists decorating the large pumpkins. This one is very cool. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete