Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Inktober - Day 11 - Weeks Boat Yard & Farm Painting

Today I drove over to Weeks Boatyard to sketch one of their rustic barns. The twig and Chinese ink work well for scenes like that.


Now I can return to posting some other work. Before I left for Maine the Patchogue Sketch Club met at Swell Taco to have dinner and sketch. We sketched there back in August when the model was wearing the taco costume. It was crowded so we ended up sqashing 6 of us at a table for 4. The waitress would stop and check if she could take anything off the table, but most of it was our still life that kept being rearranged as the night went on. lol

The chips and the hot sauce made a good still life.


So did my actual dinner...a carne aside taco and a chicken taco.


We had a lot of fun, but I think we need to make sure we do a larger table if we try this again.

11 comments:

  1. The twig sketching is great for old buildings! Your tacos and salsa look so good. I’m hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those twig sketches are just perfect for the buildings Joan. Love your Salsa and tacos too. Hope you are having a lovely fall day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thank you. Today it actually feels like fall.

      Delete
  3. You've got that twig sketching Down! Good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, it has taken a lot of playing to get to this point. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I like your work with twig. The dinner sketches are great. I have to draw what I ate for dinner in my EDM challenge - I think I`ll have a sandwich (it`s the easiest way to draw :))
    Have a nice day, Nadja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadja, thank you. Drawing food is fun, but when it is dinner I have a hard time resisting long enough to finish the sketch. lol

      Delete
  5. So much fun! I like the sketch of the boat yard building - definitely a good subject. I had to laugh about the still-life sketch comment - did anyone eat any of the tacos? - lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks so much. Most of us sketched the tacos quickly and added color after we ate them.

      Delete
  6. The more you paint the boat yard the better they get. Nice that your sketch group takes advantage of everything!!

    ReplyDelete