Thursday, October 26, 2017

Inktober Day 26 - Beach View & Surf Shop

Today was a cloudy damp day but I needed to get an Inktober sketch done. I headed to the beach down South Dunton Ave in East Patchogue. I liked the view with the beach grasses, trees, and the distant view of Fire Island in the distance. The tide must have been high because there was quite a bit of water backed up onto the street. The sky had some dark rain clouds so after sketching this with the twig and Chinese ink I wet the ink that was in the sky. It bled a lot but I think it made it look dark and stormy...or like night. lol 
#inktober #inktober2017


I have passed this surf shop in Sayville so many times and have thought it would make a good sketch or painting, but there has always been cars or trucks in the way. I finally had a day where nothing was blocking my view and I was able to sketch it.



5 comments:

  1. Your ability to capture the cloudy, damp day and then do the colorful surf boards is quite special. I really admire the way you get out every day and do these wonderful drawings and paintings. Visiting your blog is always a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. I'm glad to took a break from the move to come over and visit. You must be exhausted.

      Delete
  2. Your pen & ink is super Joan and I like the way you created the dark and gloomy look for the sky. I can see why you wanted to paint the surf shop - very colourful - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. I'm hoping to get back there and do another one with some of the activity of the surfers coming to the shop.

      Delete
  3. Well try this again, your sky turned out very well. Seems funny to hear about the tide is in and the street is flooded. Landlubber here

    ReplyDelete