Thursday, October 12, 2017

Inktober - Day 12 - Scarecrow

At this time of year I love going to Bellport to see all the scarecrow decorations they have. Most of the lampposts and trees along Main St and Bellport Lane have a scarecrow hanging. You can vote on your favorite. I checked out a few of them and picked "Skippy the Hippy" for my Inktober Day 12. Why did I select him? It was windy out and he was in front of a restaurant called Porters on Bellport Lane that offered a wall to block the wind and a cushioned ledge to sit while I sketched.
#inktober #inktober2017


As with most of the Inktober sketches I have the urge to add color, so after I photographed Skippy, I pulled out my watercolors. With all the patterns in Skippy's clothing I had to add the color.



8 comments:

  1. I like the Halloween time and your Skippy the Hippy. I guess he`s one of the nice Guys, not scary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nadja. Most of the scarecrows decorating Bellport are fun, not scary.

      Delete
  2. Clever scarecrow. I like the clogs or whatever they are called. Smiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, thanks. I think they are Croc rip-offs. A lot of the boat people wear them so the water runs out of them. lol

      Delete
  3. Your local towns have the best ideas, who would have thought a scarecrow contest! Like your choice and I think having the wind break made him the excellent choice. Love all the patterns going on in him and the color emphasizes that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nelvia, I'm glad you like this. I will have to go back and sketch a few more of the scarecrows. They are mostly very clever.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Nelvia - some of the towns near you have such great ideas! This is another super sketch and I like the addition of the colour - talk about wild. Well done Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out here it is sometimes like small town America around the holidays. lol I have fun with it. Thanks.

      Delete