Sunday, October 29, 2017

Inktober Day 29 - Yaphank Garage & Pumpkin Field

Today is a stormy, wet day in New York. I didn't intend to go out of the house at all but then I remembered  I needed to do an Inktober sketch. So I figured I would go somewhere and just sit in the car and sketch. I couldn't go to any of my usual favorite places by the water because today is the Suffolk County Marathon and I have to cross Montauk Highway to get down near the water. Then I remembered the Yaphank Garage. Part of the fun of sketching the gas pumps there is their bright yellow color, but I left it black & white. I had to sketch looking out the side window of the car because it was raining too much to see out the front window without having the wipers on. lol
#inktober #inktober2017


Last Tuesday my plein air group was scheduled to go to a pumpkin farm in Manorville. It was a cloudy, very windy day and I was the only one who went. It was too windy to sit out (and dust was blowing around) so I once again painted from my mobile studio.



6 comments:

  1. The second sketch is so fall-ish -- lovely! What an intrepid sketcher you are. . .a little crummy weather can't keep you away! :-)

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. lol

      Delete
  2. Your weather looks awful from our view. Yuck. You are brave to get out and sketch, I’m such a wimp. I love the gas station, well done. The pumpkins are fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. We lucked out with the weather....not quite as bad as they predicted by us.

      Delete
  3. Neither rain, nor sleet, etc. will stop you from your sketching - lol. I really like the gas bumps and I can imagine how the yellow would pop. It amazes me how many pumpkins are grown every year and your painting of the patch just makes me wonder even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks. It was amazing that there were still so many pumpkins left out in the field last week.

      Delete