Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Inktober Day 24 - Pumpkins & Still Life

We are having a super windy day here today so my Inktober Day 24 sketch was done from my mobile studio. I didn't want my sketchbook or myself to blow away. This was done at the W & K Farm in Manorville. It was very hard not to pull out that orange paint. lol


My Wednesday evening sketch group went back to Hoptron Brewtique in Patchogue last week. Since I had already sketched the bar and patrons the week before I wasn't sure what I would sketch. But someone brought along pumpkins, we had flavored popcorn in a basket, a beer and a deer skull. I think that was more than enough for a still life.



8 comments:

  1. Excellent sketches Joan. I think I would've had to pull out the orange paint!!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I love color it is so hard for me to leave these as just ink. Thanks, Hilda.

      Delete
  2. That's a unique still life -- don't often see popcorn and a deer skull together! :-) You showed great restraint leaving your ink sketch uncolored! Between my graphite class and Inktober, I sure am missing color.

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand missing the color, but you're doing really well with the graphite.

      Delete
  3. Your Inktober sketch is beautiful! The still life is very festive and I like the addition of the skull.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super B&W fletch Joan and at least you got to use your Orange on the second painting - lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. It did feel good to go for the color.

      Delete
  5. Love the pumpkins! The still life is different. Never thought of popcorn as part of Halloween. Ha.

    ReplyDelete