Saturday, October 14, 2017

Inktober - Day 14 - Protest & Hoptron Brewtique

The activist in me surfaced for a while today. Some organizations here on Long Island joined together to do a "Stop the War on Women - The Handmaid's Resist & Rally" in Melville. We had a drizzly start to the day so when it stopped raining I went over early for the rally and sketched the people arriving for my Inktober Day 14 sketch. People were asked to wear red shirts and some people were in red capes like in the show "A Handmaid's Tale." It was good to see some men and children at the rally. #inktober #inktober2017


On Wednesday evening some of the members of the Patchogue Sketch Club went to the Hoptron Brewtique in Patchogue to sketch. Wednesday is a slow night for them so they didn't mind us commandering a large table and staying for a while to sketch. We did have either beer or hard cider as well as snacks. I sketched some of the people standing up at the bar.


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful work on the Brewtique, Joan. Your figure work is beautiful! And you can do my brick work anytime..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are lovely Joan and I like the piece with just the red painted in - very powerful! I agree that your brick work is great and your people.

    ReplyDelete