Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Oyster Bay - Part II - Sweet Tomato and the Bonanza Stand

We met up for lunch in Oyster Bay at a very rustic place called the Bonanza Stand. It had hot dogs and fries which are supposed to be very good, but I went across the street and got a healthier lunch at a place called Sweet Tomato. When lunch was over I went and sketched Sweet Tomato.


The Bonanza Stand also is known for their Italian Ices...after this sketch I did go get a chocolate Italian ice which was absolutely wonderful! It is made with Ghiradeli chocolate. It was so rich I couldn't finish the whole thing...and I ordered a small.


Oyster Bay is definitely worth another visit.


7 comments:

  1. Following up a healthy lunch with ice cream -- you are my kind of gal! ;-) Lovely sketches, too!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful sketches Joan... I've never been to the Bonanza stand... Someday I'll have to try it....enjoy your day.....perfect day to paint outside....you have to take advantage of these days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilda, thanks. The hot dogs didn't look too enticing, but the fries looked good. I'll stick to the chocolate Italian ice. There is a lot to sketch in Oyster Bay.

      Delete
  3. These are lovely Joan and it definitely sounds like Oyster Bay is worth another visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a unique spot and love the pics and all the details you captured. Sounds
    Ike you got the best part of the menu from Bonanza

    ReplyDelete