Saturday, August 5, 2017

Ink Sketches from Chicago

In addition to the colored sketches I did in Chicago, I did some sketches just in ink.

This was sketched of the Urban Sketching president, Amber Sausen during her opening remarks at the beginning of the symposium.


Here's how sketchers relaxed at the Hub.


At the start of KK's sketching with twigs workshop I sketched a few of the other artists with my twig while they tested their twigs.



After the closing ceremony a few of us went out for a "drink and draw" at the Exchequer Restaurant and Grill.





8 comments:

  1. I ran out of steam after the closing ceremony and didn't have it in me to go to drink & draw, even though I really wanted to! (By the way, the president's name is Amber Sausen. . .not sure who Heather is...?)

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the correction, Tina. We were all tired but went anyway. I thought there would be more people.

      Delete
  2. I love these, you have captured some interesting faces and gestures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was everyone as dedicated as you to sketch sketch sketch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some were even more dedicated. That's why it was fun to be with so many like-minded sketchers. lol

      Delete
  4. You just don't stop! Some super little sketches Joan - I like the addition of the nachos(?) in the drink and draw sketch. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. There were french fries in the basket.

      Delete