Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Oyster Bay - Part I - Wild Honey

On Sunday the NYC Urban Sketchers made a visit that was a little closer to me...the town of Oyster Bay. It was quite a ride for those coming from Manhattan or Brooklyn, but we ended up with about 22 people showing up for the day. For me by car it was about a 45 minute ride because it is on the north shore of Long Island. Oyster Bay is the home of Billy Joel and at one time was the residence of President Teddy Roosevelt. This building once housed his office upstairs. Now I'm not sure what is upstairs, but a lovely restaurant called Wild Honey is downstairs. It has been there for a long time.


7 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job on this, Joan! Great addition of the figure walking his dog. It gives the sketch a sense of scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celia, thanks so much. I've seen this building so many times and always wanted to sketch it.

      Delete
  2. Amazing job Joan. The turret and all the details really make this sketch super. Like Celia the figure and dog just finish it!! Have a great day friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. I was so happy she came along with a dog.

      Delete
  3. Another super sketch Joan. I love all the detail you put in; like the street sign, garbage bin and the fire escape - so well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val. Someone called those "street accessories" to the urban sketcher. lol.

      Delete
  4. Great and you put in the flag just for me!

    ReplyDelete