Sunday, January 27, 2019

Sundown

Today I had a holiday installation luncheon for one of my art groups. It ended about 4 but by the time I got back in my car it was nearly 4:30. I figured I had time to drive somewhere near the bay and catch a bit of the sunset while I sketched. I ended up in the parking area across from where most of the ferries dock in Sayville. I was able to capture a bit of color but it wasn't a great sunset...quite a bit subdued. It was a quick, small sketch but in the short time I was doing it I managed to spill my small jar of water into my lap (and under my butt) TWICE! I came home quite soggy.


7 comments:

  1. I really admire the way you are so diciplined about daily sketching. After all that work you still did this perfect sketch. My hats off to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I need to get something sketched most days.

      Delete
  2. Joan - your dedication to sketching is amazing - soggy or not. :) I love the softness you captured in the sky. The blue buildings really capture my eyes. Have a great week - Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The joys of using a mobile studio - not!. A charming sketch Joan and you are to be commended for sticking it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL The water spilled near the end, so I wasn't uncomfortable for too long. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I like the hints of the boats. You are amazing and dedicated.

    ReplyDelete