Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Stone House & Train Station

My friend, Suzala and I decided to have a sketch day today. I picked her up and we headed over to Oyster Bay. On the road in I spied this brick building out of the corner of my eye, so I turned around and found a spot to park so we could sketch. I don't know what the building is for. It is in front of a parking area for a big office building and it doesn't look like it is being used. I Goodgled the address but nothing came up giving information about it.


Here is the view we had from the mobile studio.


Suzala was sketching with a bamboo stick and did add a little color when she finished the inkwork. 


Suzala is a good sketching buddy because like me she doesn't like to waste time. We made a bathroom stop and then looked for a second scene to sketch. We ended up at the old train station that I believe will at some point be turned into a museum. It was a complicated building but that didn't stop us. 



8 comments:

  1. Seems like a delightful sketch outing. It's so good to have a buddy to sketch with! That field stone building is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, thanks so much. It is good to have friends to go out sketching with.

      Delete
  2. The little building is a super find and a great sketch (both of you). The depot is cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It is fun to see our different takes on the same scene.

      Delete
  3. I love the character of the cottage and you captured it well in your sketch! You and Suzala are unstoppable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, thank you. With her surgery she isn't getting out too much, so when I offered an outing she jumped at the chance. lol

      Delete
    2. I can see how happy she is sketching in the passenger seat.

      Delete
  4. The stone building was a super find and your sketch of it is great, Joan. It will be nice if the train station gets reused as it looks very interesting. Nice work Joan.

    ReplyDelete